The pest control is done after the bond clean and the carpet cleaning, as the final step.
Whether you have pets or not, your home will be deodorised with lemon myrtle essential oil to neutralise any lingering smells and make your home smell fresh and new again.
Your agent manager will love it!
Here is some information from the RTA with regards to pest control.
“If the property was free of pests at the start of the tenancy the tenant must ensure the property meets that same standard at the end of the tenancy.
However, the property manager/owner cannot require the tenant to:
- leave the property in a better condition than it was in at the start of the tenancy (e.g. require pest removal when the property had pests when they moved in)
- purchase goods or services (e.g. a pest control service)
- use a specific pest control service
- pay a set fee for a pest control service
- use a particular pest control product
These are offences under the Act.
Example: The property manager/owner notes on the Entry condition report that the house is free of pests (e.g. fleas, cockroaches) by attaching a receipt as proof. It is then up to the tenant to prove the property is pest free when they leave the property.”