To get your bond back quickly, the RTA advises
- There must be an agreement on how the bond should be paid
- The form should be signed by everyone on the bond
- Once the tenant/s and the agent/ manager to both sign the Refund of rental bond form (Form 4), it should be submitted it to the RTA by mail, in person or online.
- The fastest way to get a bond refund is to provide your bank account details on the bond refund form. Refunds are only paid into Australian bank accounts (no cheques).
- Refunds are generally processed within 2-3 business days, but please note, the time it takes for your refund to appear in your account will vary from one financial institution to another.
This is some further information and forms shared from the RTA website.
Where a bond loan is still outstanding, the loan balance will be deducted from the tenant’s refund amount and paid directly to the Department of Housing and Public Works.
- do not use correction fluid
- everyone must sign any alteration to bond amounts (full signatures are required)
Lodging the form
Only original, signed forms should be submitted to the RTA. Faxed, emailed or photocopied forms will not be accepted.
- online: the form can be uploaded online.
- post: RTA, GPO Box 390, Brisbane Q 4001
Any person knowingly submitting false or misleading details on the refund form is committing an offence under Queensland law.
We hope these tips on How can I get my bond back quickly, are helpful.